1.10.09

Back to the action!

Howdy ho to all punks and greetings to the rest!

Well my six months of indulgent travels is over and I'm settling back in Australia getting ready to return to an unhealthy routine of spending too much time in front of the computer and obsessing over animation :-P. I'm back at Animation mentor now and starting Class 3 "Advanced body mechanics" with my new teacher Elliott Roberts. He has some Bluesky cred under his belt and worked on the recent Iron man too. Now he's working at possibly the coolest games company I can think of, Double fine, creators of Psychonaughts! Not to mention of got some ridiculously kick ass students in my class too, I'll learn heaps this term! Well I've got some animation to show too, so hopefully that'll make up for my lengthy absence!:

The new: Bob et Bobette compilation reel.



Here you can find a compilation of my best sequences from the film "Luke and Lucy: The texas rangers" (In French"Bob et Bobette: Les Diables du Texas" In Flemish: "Suske en Wiske: De Texas Rakkers"). This was a truely awesome film to work on and was my first forray into the animated feature film. It's based off a popular series of Belgian comics by Willy Vandersteen who worked closely with the creator of TinTin. The director, Wim Bien did a fantastic job and I'm amazed how well the film turned out compared to the budgets of US features! Working at Luxanimation was great and living in Luxembourg was a pretty amazing adventure in itself! If I find the time, I'll make an updated version with subtitles :-S

Well I'm off to film some reference for my next assignment, Adios!
-Dan

4 comments:

Lloyd B said...

Nice work, mate.
The final render of the bob and bobette feature looks really nice.
We should catch up at someone point. :)

KineticDan said...

Cheers dude! Yeah, I was really amazed at how nice the rendering turned out considering the film's low budget. Stupendously good!

Definitely catch up soon, I'll be coming in for a lunch again soon I'm sure :-D.

-Dan

C. said...

A lot of good shots, really. : )
And a very nice test, I AM definitely envious.

PS: what kind of compression did you use? On my PC it doesn't work at all, and on my MacBook audio is really out of sync - 3 or 4 seconds, it is not a dubbing problem.

Cheers

Carlo

KineticDan said...

D'oh! I just updated the movie and link so hopefully it works now!

The last one was just a straightforward DivX .avi :-S. Strange it didn't work on your PC..?

Should be fixed now!
-Dan