16.11.09

Yahaarrrrrr..... *cough*

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum! (I realize how geeky it is to say that, but I read treasure island not too long ago... and... well... if you don't like geekyness then LEAVE! :-P ).

Here's some work in Progress of my big cannonball piece! Everything from 200 onwards is the blocking for my next assignment so you can see how the thrilling crescendo comes to an angry climactic tantrum :-). Woah, that Pegleg keeps it challenging! I've rigged it so that the hips are controlled by the rotation of the pegleg whenever it's on the ground, I never thought I would miss just being able to grab a pair of hips and put move then whereever I like (ahem!!). Really means I have to plan so thoroughly and have no choice but to move everything according to how it would move in reality, jeepers!
video
I'm really enjoying working with the Norman rig, shame this will probably be the last one I do with him for quite a while :-/. I particularly like the simple bendable arms for creating subtle curvature (still need to abuse this some more) and being able to quickly hide the limbs which really helps for polishing the torso!

Man, I really can't help but push these assignments to mammoth sizes, hopefully it'll keep me much more in control next term when we only do 1.5 assignments per 3 months :-S. I just watched a lecture from Jason Ryan and he's so into his simple flipbook stick figure anims for planning, I miss things being simple, would love to throw some simple ideas around when I get the time and stay out of Maya :-P.
-Dan

4 comments:

Mike said...

Great stuff. Tells a nice story Good weight and acting. Keep em Rolling. Lloyd Liked it too.

KineticDan said...

Cheers Mike! I'm glad you and Lloydy like it :-D

Yeah, it's a challenge to try and get good acting+story out of something that's just supposed to be a body mechanics exercise. I'm glad it turned out OK!

-Dan

Cristina Ynzenga said...

Amazing animation! I love the idea and the realization. Very fresh and fluid.
Congrats! ;)

KineticDan said...

Heya Cristina!

Thanks very much! Just checked out some anims from your blog, WOW awesome stuff! Wish I had the eye for natural motion that you've got :-).

-Dan