28.12.09

Those beady eyes, bless every one!

Hello people of earth!

I trust everyone is powered up on fruit mince pies and ready to party the rest of the year away? Woo! With it being summer down here in Australia we don't get the quintessential snowy vista outside on Xmas, most houses here don't even have fire places. Nope, for me that typical image of Christmas is a giant bowl of pink prawns with a hundred little beady eyes staring back at me. So I'd like to dedicate this post to all those little crustaceans that lose their life in the name of delicious cold treats! Ho ho ho!

As I'm on a break from AM for a few weeks, I haven't been getting a huge amount of animation done, instead of been focusing on pixels instead of graphs and getting down with mental Ray. You can check out 3 re-rendered shots that form the first half of my new, slightly shinier showreel:

So next week I'll be getting into my pantomime acting assignment! Hopefully I'll have my new Old man rigged by then (You *could* say that I'm procrastinating now :-P). In other news I've really been enjoying scribbling some heads while my lovely Fiance is watching DVDs:



Ahh end of 2009 only a few days away! I've had a really amazing year, it's going to be hard to top! Hope everyone loses loads of unwanted brain cells over new years!
-Dan

9 comments:

Avner Engel said...

Those heads look heaps cool Dan!

Nice work dude, have a happy new year and we'll seeya next week.

Avner Engel said...

Hey again, just had a look at the rendered reel and I think that the first clip with the pirate is losing its impact because of the lighting, you don't get to see it as clearly as the playblast show. The last two clips are not adding much really, you want to make sure you finish with a strong piece that would linger and leave us wanting more.

At the start, I would replace the animated text with a black screen and your name on it. Keep it simple I suppose.

All in all, it looks great mate. Good job.

KineticDan said...

Cheers Av, great comments :-). I might try washing out the pirate piece with a bit of ambient light, maybe all the high contrast light/shadow is what's making it distracting?

Hope you had a totally grouse new years, back to the action on Monday :-D.
-Dan

GhettoFab said...

wowowwowow yer work is amzing! a wonderfully entertaining and inspirational reel. You have a new fan

C. said...

Your reel looks awesome, and you already know I like your pirate shots...

I have to say I'm sad you cutted out Miguel and his friends (gosh I can't remember his name, I'm ooold !) shots, they are really amazing. Well, matter of tastes, probably.

Carlo

Olivier Ladeuix said...

gorgeous work Dan!!

C. said...

I was sitted in the tram, on the way back home, and suddenly I remebered: RICK is the name !

: D

Carlo

KineticDan said...

Cheers GhettoFab and Oli! I'll be double bounce walking for a week now ;-).

Carlo: yeah, it's a hard choice what to pick out! Still never manage to get my reel down to the recommended 60 seconds :-P.

Yes that right, Rick! But Miguel? Don't you mean Manuel? :-P.
-Dan

C. said...

Oh gosh you are right: Manuel!
Damn !

: )

Carlo