11.2.10

There are ants in my underwear.

No, there aren't any ants in my lingerie, but I like the title ;-)

Well here's how that Pantomime assignment turned out:

video

I've played around with adding a little bit to the ending, it's in stepped just because it's still kind of an experiment at this stage. Hopefully I'll get time to go back and refine that bit down the track! Starting dialogue this week so really starting to enjoy the blissfully hypnotic action of listening to the same bit of audio over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over... and over.

Just a bunch o sketches from my sketchbook from the last few weeks.

And here's a very cool link one of my classmates sent me, it's an awesome Spanish short film "The lady and the Reaper":

http://212.227.136.88/press/

-Dan

7 comments:

Cristina Ynzenga said...

Very nice blocking Daniel!
I like when he pass the hand over the face. The pauses you made feels that the character is actually thinking about something, and I specially like when he opens the letter, is very well done!

Keep it going, is going to be a very cool animation! =)

KineticDan said...

cheers cristina! thanks for stopping by :-)

Peer Lemmers said...

hey man post that giraff on draw a holics!

C. said...

ahah the giraffe is pretty good.
And your animation is really going in a good direction. I agree with Cristina, the first part is cool and full of nice details.

(ehi, the verification to add a comment is asking me to write puppe - that in italian means tits. It should have some meanings.)

C.

KineticDan said...

Hey guys!

Yeah Peer, I drew that one for the blog, I wanted to clean it up but with all this moving and changes I haven't found the time :-S. I start work this coming Monday! (Still have several weeks of AM left too :-O). I'll be flat out until April.

*Dan is thinking of ways to use the word "Puppe" in day to day conversation*
-Dan

G1toons said...

nice sketches DH
question did you take any schoolism classes an if so which one an dhow was it as far a work load and stuff

KineticDan said...

Heya Leon!

Yeah, I did Kris Pearn's Storyboarding course back in 2008 and I'd highly recommend it. Was a fantastic course, quite heavy on workload though and that would depend on how fast you can draw (in the later weeks you'll be looking at around 80 panels a week!).

I haven't done any of the other courses at Schoolism, but I'm very keen to try more out when I get some more time!

Go for it :-D
-Dan