26.12.11

End of 2011, what a year!


Evening folks!

I hope everyone had a fantabulous Christmas and rearing up for a rip roaring goodbye to 2011!  I'm off to the Woodford Folk festival over the next week to hang with some smelly hippies and soak up some awesome vibes :-D.  Here's some quick samples of what I've been up to these last few weeks:

Some Look development for my short "A Grey Matter":

Art Workout 2011, Week 42 of 52.


Art Workout 2011, Week 43 of 52.

Storyboarding storyboarding storyboarding.  I've been working hard on really nailing the telling of my short's story and I've been experimenting with loads of different ideas.  Here you can find some recent boards (just some random samples, these aren't consecutive panels).  I'm making great improvements with each iteration, progress is being made!  :-D

Art workout 2011, week 44 of 52

Here's a digital portrait of my good friend Jim, who unfortunately passed away several years ago.  For me, the time of mourning has passed, and I wanted to paint a picture celebrating the lovely energy in which he lived his life :-).

http://www.kineticdan.com/wiki/index.php?title=Idea%27s_for_the_animated_short_-_notes
Art workout 2011, week 45 of 52

More notes!  "Ideas for the animated short" is a great book I absorbed to keep myself thinking about all the elements that come together to form a really great short.  Defo worth a read!

Well I've still got 7 workout's to do by the end of the year :-S.  Ah well, the folk festival well surely inspire many a drawings to share first thing in the new year ;-).

Adios amigos! 
-Dan

No comments: